Tuesday 24 August 2010

The Final Week, the Visit from Preston and the City that Never Sleeps

Well, I certainly intended to update my blog much more than this.

But, this in Edinburgh. And in Edinburgh things are not normal, not as expected and almost never involve making sensible decisions.

I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am now 43 shows in. I have met some extremely lovely people, had a very exciting run of reviews, very unexpectedly won a Fringe First and, most importantly, am still having a lovely time. I know this sounds silly to say, but I have had emotional, awful Edinburghs in the past, where I have been both ill and fed up, often at the same time, and I am so pleased to say that neither of those things have happened yet.

I have met people who have surprised me, people who have made me laugh, people who have sung their hearts out and people who have nearly broken my tape recorder. My parents came to see the show on Friday last week and it was so lovely to have them sitting inside Joni. My dad was significantly less adept at operating a tape recorder than expected, and I think my mum felt a bit travel sick, but it was really nice to see them. Sometimes you need to see people from the normal world to remind you that this is all real

We are heading to the Highlands next Tuesday, and I know that Joni will need a holiday as much as Tom and I do. I am excited about the week to come but cannot wait to head out into nature, full of midges and fresh air and waking up to the sound of rain on the roof. Awesome.

Tonight I am going to see some comedy in the Courtyard and I am looking forward to it all. I had a day off yesterday and I need to get my momentum back.

I will write more tomorrow but I wanted to check in as I haven't managed to blog for ages.

Sorry if this all sounds a bit smug today- I'm just having fun. Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment